Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama?

As much as I like Memphis and everything it has done for me, there are some things that just can't beat HOME. Technically my home is Birmingham and I can't wait to get back there - but any move closer to the Magic City has got to be better than the 3.5 hours I have to drive now... A friend called me a few weeks ago to make sure she could give my contact information to someone in Montgomery about a job... Of course I said "YES" without hesitiation. (you see, this is a job I "interviewed" for back in October and would LOVE to have...even with all the major responsibility that comes with it)

It turns out that the Montgomery CoC (Continuum of Care) is thinking about making the switch to the same web-based HMIS system that the rest of the State of Alabama uses. Not only do the other CoCs use the same system, but they have formed PromisAL, which essentially allows each Continuua to talk. Not to toot my own horn, but when I was in Birmingham, I worked on this system and was also integral in forming PromisAL by helping to write the SOPs and Policies & Procedures for the State (and our CoC in Birmingham).

If Montgomery makes the switch, they want me, yes ME, to head their HMIS! This all depends on whether or not the agencies want to make the switch to the new system, which will be like pulling teeth regardless, and even more importantly, it depends on if they can afford me. Meaning do they have any money to pay me... Unfortunately living ain't easy or cheap. Apparently they won't be making a final decision until the end of the month, but today I found out that most of the agencies think that switching to ServicePoint would be a good idea.

Now there's just that matter of money...

No comments: