Friday, June 27, 2008

Introducing...

Iteleport Apple's newest product...

although this is (currently) fictional, people were talking about it on TV last night. It got me thinking.... If had one, would I use it? Would I go back in time and change anything?

I would go back to that night in early June, 2003. I would forget that my heart had just been broken and pay a little more attention to the one who did it. I didn't know then, but my actions that night hurt you and hurt 'us'. I would be sober all night. I wouldn't let the words and boyish charm of another sweep me off my feet with many, many unfulfilled and empty promises. I wouldn't be so selfish... But I also would have missed out on a lot of lessons. Some necessary, others, not so much.

My life would certainly be different now if I could change that night, but what would that make me?

3 comments:

holowahini said...

My 2 cents? Defining moments aren't worth going back to try to change. They would cause the present to change and honestly, the present is a gift. A reward for doing hard time in the past, or at the very least, a rung on the ladder to something that's meant to come next. Moments worth going back to are the good ones, the peaceful ones, the happy ones. They're worth reliving over and over.

A beautiful lake. My two best friends. Porch music. Togas. :o) If I had it to do all over again, I'd do it the exact same way.

Jennifer said...

I like this one lady. I wonder all the time if I could go back and not spend 4 years waiting on the wrong person, if I'd be in a different place too. But then I think I wouldn't be here now, and all things considered...I'm ok. And so are you ;-) Getting better every day even! Besides, if we dont go through the bad stuff, we'd be those annoyingly positive people. Who likes that? ;-) j/k.

Amanda said...

I think you are both right. I know that EVERYTHING about me and about my life currently would change if this were a possibility...Jennifer, you're right - all things considered, we're both okay. Everything's good, but it could be better. Of course, things could always be better...or worse. So yeah, it's good. Lana, you're right... good times are difinitely worth going back to over and over again. All you need is Friends, Porch Music and, of course, Togas! ;-)

Life is good.