Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME

So today is my birthday... I'm 28. For a minute no one believed me (compliment?), in fact I heard someone say (seriously?) that I was 19...wow! To be 19 again.... I digress.

I was certain that this birthday was going to be kind of sucky because my plans to go home were nixed - damn $4.00 gas! Plus my aunt was going out of town with my mom so that was one less person to celebrate with me, well it turns out that she didn't go - sadly I don't get Panera when she comes back, but that's really the only downfall.
When I got to work this morning, my office door was decorated, the wall had a sign, and there was CAKE and a present for me!! It was such a wonderful surprise! And I can't forget the birthday SHOT - literal shot [(B-12) it's good for you], of course, not the shot I was looking for...I really appreciate everyone (especially Tammy and Joy) for making me feel so special today!

I have gotten emails, texts, and Facebook and Myspace messages throughout the day which have made the day even better! I just want to thank my friends for being here for me and making this day so special!

UPDATE: I walked into my office around 2:15 or so and I had this beautiful flower arrangement and birthday balloon sitting on my desk! My bestest friend in the whole wide world sent me flowers!! **I don't know if you know how much that means to me, but Jennifer!!! Thanks lady, I love you! And the card - you're right.... IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.
When I got home, the kids had a surprise for me... a strawberry cake! They were so proud!! The last picture is of Kaiya and Landon posing with their (my) cake!

Thanks!! (or rather Thank,s)

Older and Wiser - Amanda










1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your birthday is exciting! And I'm glad you got replacement flowers ;-)