Thursday, December 4, 2008

A little premature

I know it's not quite the time, but I've been thinking about my New Years Resolutions and I'm ready to put them out there.

I've spent the last year doing things for me. A little selfish, yes, but definitely worth it. I quit smoking. I started working out. I even did a 5k! (not very well, but at least I finished) I'm becoming more responsible for myself, my actions, and maybe for others around me. I am paying bills and have bought a car (well, I'm paying for it). It's really a total 360 from one year ago. I may not have everything I need or want but I'm getting there, and I'm doing it right.

This year, just like every other, I resolve to work out more (get a new gym membership) and be healthier in all my decisions. I will save more and be more diligent in my financial decisions. I will say "yes" as much as I can. I need to make it a point to get out and do more. See my friends more and meet (and reconnect with) more people. I also plan to travel. I have one trip already set up for January and am planning another for the end of February. A friend is planning to visit me sometime in between.

Everything is looking up and I'm excited about the prospects of a new year.

2 comments:

The Cooks said...

Thanks Amanda! And your New Years Resolutions look great! I'm glad you've spent some time on and for yourself!
-Sarah

Lorelle said...

I'm so proud of you.