Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weigh-in Wednesday

They did it again! How do Shelli Yoder all all the fine folks at the EDCT know exactly what I need to hear at exactly the right time?

I tend to be quite ambiguous in a lot of my posts because I'm still not exactly sure I want everything up here for all the world to see, but I do know that I like to write things out. Well, this speaks to my post from earlier today. A lot of stupid things beyond my control have really messed up my outlook for the next few weeks and/or months. I'm working through it. This helps.

Amid the complexities of this world, the financial concerns of the future, our relationships, our lives, it is easy to let ourselves become overwhelmed and anxious. We receive few reminders that we have all we need for this moment, right here, right now. Poet David Whyte offers us a rare prompt in the following poem to think differently. Through the unknown, may we remain open to being...enough.
ENOUGH
Enough. These few words are enough.
If not these words, this breath.
If not this breath, this sitting here.
This opening to the life
we have refused
again and again
until now.
Until now.
-David Whyte

No comments: