Monday, July 7, 2008

Is it worth it?

Some of you are privy to the fact that I have recently taken up letter writing... it's a more personal way to stay in touch with all the people that I miss! There's always email, yes. But there is something so wonderful about receiving a letter in the mail. The price of stamps rose a few months ago, I was a little upset - as I had just bought stamps and still had some left. Luckily for me, they didn't return my mail, insisting that I give them one more penny! I remembered today that I have been walking around for a week with 3 postcards in my purse and no postcard stamps. Who has postcard stamps? Apparently no one. I even went to the Post Office one day last week so that I could mail 3 large envelopes and 3 postcards. The line inside was very long so I opted for the machine where I could weigh my envelopes, buy postage for them and also buy stamps. After about 10 minutes, I discovered that you cannot buy post card stamps on this machine! I could get as many regular stamps as I wanted and I could get other random amounts - as long as they were at least $1.00. Needless to say, I still have the post cards in my purse. I'm about to bite the bullet, put a forever stamp on each and call them sent.

No comments: